Are you thinking of selling cryptocurrency in Australia? Don’t rush in!
We’ve compiled a complete list of recommended crypto exchanges you should use, as well as vital info on the best time to sell Bitcoin and crypto along with other handy tips. Let’s get started!
When is the Ideal Time to Sell Crypto?
The best time to sell crypto isn’t easy to figure out. It depends on your financial circumstance, risk appetite, regulatory developments, profitable market rates, hype and what price you bought it. The regular trading strategy for maximising profits for most traders is to buy low and sell high.
To figure out the best time to sell your digital coins, you need to analyse the market carefully and gain more trading experience. You’ll become better at maximising profits with time.
How to Convert Crypto to AUD
You can convert crypto to AUD using various methods such as through a crypto exchange, selling from your wallet address directly to a trusted friend , using Bitcoin ATMs, or using a peer to peer trading platform. If you stored your cryoto in a cryptocurrency exchange, you’ll find it easy to convert your crypto to AUD. Depending on the exchange you’re using, you may either sell through a web browser or their mobile app.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to convert crypto to AUD using CryptoWallet.com. You’ll need crypto loaded in your wallet to begin.
- Create a CryptoWallet.com account and Log into your account.
- Go to the exchange section and choose the AUD trading pair you want to sell.
- Choose the currency you want to convert it to. In this scenario, select AUD
- Select the amount you want to sell. The exchange rate will be displayed on the screen.
- When you’re satisfied with the details, select “confirm transaction”. Your funds will arrive in your wallet.
- Withdraw to your bank account
How to Sell a Large Amount of Crypto
The best way to sell large amounts of crypto is through an OTC (over-the-counter) transaction. An OTC transaction occurs when a private buyer and private seller are connected by a broker to facilitate the trade. OTC brokers help high-volume traders buy or sell large crypto amounts by getting funds from liquidity providers who hold large amounts of cryptocurrencies.
Follow these steps to sell large crypto amounts using OTC trade
- Initiate your trade through a chat room or an OTC brokering platform. Before choosing an OTC broker, assess the minimum and maximum trade amount available, the transaction fees, the signup process, and available cryptocurrencies.
- Agree on the terms of the trade with the broker. This includes the amount of crypto you want to sell, when you want the sale to take place and your desired price.
- Once you’ve agreed to the buyer’s terms, the buyer will send the agreed amount of AUD to you and you will send a similar amount of crypto coins or tokens to the buyer in exchange. In some circumstances, you might need to do KYC or due diligence on each other to meet legal regulations before trading.
How to Sell Crypto in Australia
Australia is considered to be a broadly crypto-friendly environment, with regulation and progressive policy about the emerging market being created as early as 2006. As such buying or selling crypto in Australia involves more or less all the regular industry-standard steps. So here, we will provide you with a brief guide to selling crypto, the registration process, and later provide you with a list of exchanges that are available to you.
Generally, speaking traders are going to look towards some kind of cryptocurrency exchange. When looking for an exchange, remember you need to find one that suits your specific needs. Different exchanges will offer different services and different rates, so take a look at the provided list to see which one best suits you.
Once you’ve chosen an exchange, you will have to register on the platform. This process is often pretty straightforward and the website will guide you through the specifics. You will be required to provide information, including your name, address, some kind of confirmation of identity, as well as a few other pieces for KYC purposes. After a brief confirmation period, the platform will inform you that you are free to sell crypto at your leisure.
CryptoWallet.com is more than an exchange — it’s a complete banking solution. Users can earn crypto passively, buy and sell crypto, and even spend it in stores using the crypto debit card!
Order your crypto debit card here!
- Location and Currency: CryptoWallet.com is based in Estonia and supports GBP and EUR
- Cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Ripple, and Tether
- Fees: Fees vary depending on trading activity
- Rating: 5
Swyftx is a top cryptocurrency exchange in Australia that lets you buy, trade and sell crypto with AUD. It is a registered trading platform that offers a simple and transparent way for traders to invest in digital assets.
- Location and Currency: It’s located in Australia and supports AUD.
- Cryptocurrencies: It supports 226+ digital assets to trade with.
- Fees: No AUD deposit or withdrawal fees
- Rating: 5
CoinSpot is one of the leading Australian exchanges that is focused on helping beginners buy Bitcoin and a wide range of cryptocurrency coins with AUD. It’s the only crypto exchange to meet the ISO security standards.
- Location and Currency: Located in Australia and supports AUD.
- Cryptocurrencies: It supports 260+ cryptocurrencies.
- Fees: Affordable trading fees.
- Rating: 4
CoinJar is a popular online exchange in Australia. Traders can buy, sell, store and spend digital assets easily. It also offers crypto debit cards and crypto EFTPOS cards to users.
- Location and Currency: It’s located in Australia and the UK. It supports AUD and GBP.
- Cryptocurrencies: It supports 24 crypto for trading.
- Fees: Low trading fees and average deposit fee.
- Rating: 4
Independent Reserve is an Australian crypto trading exchange established in 2013 that supports more fiat currencies like AUD, USD and NZD. It also offers OTC trading for large orders. Deposits can be made via bank deposit, POLi, PayID and SWIFT.
- Location and Currency: It’s located in Australia and supports AUD, USD, NZD, and SGD.
- Cryptocurrencies: It currently supports 26 cryptocurrencies.
- Fees: 0.5%
- Rating: 4
Binance is a global cryptocurrency exchange that allows traders to buy, trade and sell more than 200 digital currency trading pairs. It supports multiple payment methods such as bank deposits and credit/debit cards.
- Location and Currency: It’s located in Seychelles and supports AUD, USD, EUR, GBP, SGD, and UGX.
- Cryptocurrencies: It supports 250+ cryptocurrencies.
- Fees: One of the cheapest trading fees.
- Rating: 4
Digital Surge is an Australian based digital currency exchange that provides an instant and simple way to buy and sell crypto using AUD. It has a beginner-friendly interface for everyday Australians to get started with crypto assets.
- Location and Currency: It’s located in Australia and supports AUD.
- Cryptocurrencies: It offers over 260 cryptocurrencies for trading.
- Fees: No withdrawal fees, low trading fees
- Rating: 4
eToro is a perfect exchange platform for beginners who want to speculate on the prices of Bitcoin and crypto CFD’s in Australia, Users can fund accounts using credit cards, bank transfer, and PayPal.
- Location and Currency: Its headquarters are in Israel and have offices in the US, China, UK, Australia and Cyprus. It supports AUD, USD, GBP, and EUR.
- Cryptocurrencies: It supports 16 cryptocurrencies.
- Fees: It has zero deposit fees and cheap withdrawal fees.
- Rating: It’s rated 3.5
Coinbase is a popular crypto trading exchange that is available in over 100 countries including Australia. It was established in 2012 and supports crypto staking.
- Location and Currency: Headquartered in San Francisco with a presence in other 11 countries. It supports AUD, USD, GBP, CAD, EUR and NGD.
- Cryptocurrencies: 46 different cryptos.
- Fees: Higher than average trading and deposit fees.
- Rating: 3.5
Bittrex is a trading platform that is simple to use. It offers automated trading features, such as stop-loss, instantly buys or sells, including all the standard technical charting tools for traders.
- Location and Currency: It’s based in the U.S and supports USD.
- Cryptocurrencies: It offers 300+ cryptocurrencies to trade with.
- Fees: Zero deposit fees and affordable trading fees.
- Rating: 3.5
Coinmama is an easy-to-use cryptocurrency exchange where you can buy, sell, trade and invest in Bitcoin and other virtual currencies. It has a user-friendly interface designed to suit beginners. It was the first crypto exchange to allow crypto purchases with a credit card.
- Location and Currency: It’s headquartered in Slovakia and supports USD, EUR, AUD, CAD, GBP, and JPY.
- Cryptocurrencies: 11 different cryptos.
- Fees: High trading fees on cryptocurrency transactions
- Rating: 3
Best Crypto Debit Card in Australia
When looking for a crypto debit card it is always wise to consider the specifics of your needs. Are you looking for good rates, something that’s easy to use and something you can use almost anywhere?
If all of this sounds like what’s best for you, then you might want to take a look at our very own CryptoWallet.com Debit Card.
For many, a crypto debit card represents one of the last major steps in cryptocurrency integration into people’s daily lives and CryptoWallet.com provides a debit card with some impressive benefits. One of the primary draws for users of CryptoWallet.com is its simplicity and ease of use, and thanks to a top-notch customer support staff, CryptoWallet.com is uniquely positioned to help you along your journey to using cryptocurrency in your daily life.
CryptoWallet.com has committed itself to make crypto easy and fast, and that ethos is reflected both in the debit card design and its straightforward registration process. So if you’re looking for something that’s easy to use and that offers support along the way, you might want to take a look at our very own Debit Card.
Can you sell crypto in Australia?
Yes, you can confidently sell crypto and carry out any crypto transaction in Australia because crypto trading and investing is completely legal and widely accepted by the Australian government. Investors can put their money into any crypto investments they like, as long as they pay capital gains tax on their assets when they sell them. The Australian government has also begun plans on creating a central bank digital currency (CBDC) for the Australian dollar.
Is crypto legal in Australia?
Since 2017, cryptocurrencies have been declared legal in Australia. Digital currencies like Bitcoin or Ethereum, Doge, etc, are freely traded, and widely accepted in Australia and the country has been evolving in its execution of blockchain technology & cryptocurrency regulations.
According to the Australian Securities and investments Commission (ASIC), crypto-asset participants must adhere by some regulator guidelines, including issuers of crypto-assets, crypto-asset mediators ,stakeholders in mining activities, crypto-asset exchange and trading platforms, payment and merchant service providers, wallet and custody service providers, and local consumers.
How do I convert crypto to cash?
There are several ways you can convert your crypto to cash in Australia. You can sell to a cryptocurrency broker, a cryptocurrency exchange, sell via a Bitcoin/ crypto ATM, or sell via peer to peer platforms.
Some exchanges offer brokerage services using the” quick sell” option. Converting Bitcoin for AUD in a cryptocurrency exchange involves placing a sell order on the exchange order books and it’s matched with buy orders places by other users. Bitcoin ATM lets you convert crypto into fiat to withdraw as cash.
Can you sell Bitcoin on Coinbase in Australia?
Coinbase allows residents in Australia to purchase Bitcoin using a debit card but it does not enable users to sell Bitcoin back to AUD in their Bitcoin wallet. If you own some Bitcoin in Coinbase, you will need to transfer the asset to a local exchange that supports withdrawals to an Australian bank account.
Can I sell Crypto through PayPal?
Only PayPal users in the US can buy, sell, hold, and checkout with Cryptocurrencies using their personal PayPal account. They’ll also be able to learn about Crypto, track crypto prices, all on the PayPal app. However, this feature isn’t currently available for business accounts. And PayPal hasn’t announced any plans to rollout this feature in Australia yet.
What is the best crypto trading platform in Australia?
If you’re looking for the best trading platform you might be a little disappointed to learn that there isn’t any ‘one size fits all.’ Instead, you might be delighted to learn that you have a large variety to choose from and with a little patience you’ll find the one that suits you best. So for your first step, you’ll need to identify your needs, identify what exchange offers what, and then compare and contrast for the best result!
If you’re looking to conduct business through Australia and in AUD for example, Swyftx is one of the most popular choices you’re going to encounter. This platform is located in Australia and offers an impressive no AUD deposit or withdrawal fees. However, as a crypto trader, you might be looking for other types of services or for a platform that is based elsewhere.
CryptoWallet.com for example is based in Estonia and offers a variety of other DeFi services both via its online platform and its handy app. In addition to an easy-to-use design and interface, CryptoWallet.com provides you with high-tier customer support and a popular debit card that can be used almost everywhere.